What do you think is the thing that helps you revamp the best keyboard for Dota 2? Obviously, gaming gear dominance in the games like Dota 2 is invincible where you are required to get that competitive edge over rivals. In this post, we piloted the list of the 7 best gaming keyboards for Dota 2 along with a thorough guide to enlighten you with insight details.
Although mouse, monitor, and keyboards are by far deemed the fundamental data 2 gaming gear to get you a professional and fun gaming experience and help you get your name in the list of Dota 2 circuits.
Pondering over what is the dota keyboard? It describes the gaming keyboard used to play Dota 2, the mechanical keyboard provides a whole different experience while gaming that’s so pro players prefer gaming keyboards over regular ones.
Dota 2 is a great skill ceiling game as it is a well-thought-out MOBA game hence the gaming enthusiasts prefer gaming keyboard to get the most accurate & fast click on the way between the lanes. The dota 2 game involves special mechanical skills and micro-skills in some cases in which various hotkeys are used for respective skills.
This is why a gamer requires a board having the potential of minimizing error with every keypress likewise the feature of anti-ghosting proposes great help at playing Dota 2.
Which gaming keyboard you should pick? There are, though, varieties of options and a lot more things exist making you confused while choosing the right gaming keyboard. Don’t forget to check out the buying guide mentioned below to ease the confusion.
Whether you prefer full-size keyboards or compact keyboards, we have taken all parameters into account and listed up the good cheap mechanical keyboard for Dota 2 to help you with intimidating search.
When it comes with the research which we did for this guide, we have spent 10 days in the research for the Dota 2 keyboards. We also analyse the 58,792 customer reviews and shortlisted the most relevant keyboards for the Dota 2.
Click To See Content Of This Post
- 1 7 Best Keyboard for Dota 2 2022
- 2 Best Keyboard for Dota 2 – Buying Guide
7 Best Keyboard for Dota 2 2022
|SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid||
|CORSAIR STRAFE RGB MK.2||
|Razer a16 Black Widow||
|ASUS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard||
|ROCCAT Vulcan 122||
|ROCCAT Pyro Keyboard||
1. SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid
- Hybrid mechanical gaming switches – The tactile click of a blue mechanical switch plus a smooth membrane
- OLED smart display – Customize with gifs, game info, discord messages, and more.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy frame – Manufactured for unbreakable durability and sturdiness
The slim, trim design with perfect ergonomics is not all in the blazing appearance but they featured OLED smart screen while the keyboard holds witty actuation at the right-hand side in the upper corner.
Apex 5 is the wired, full-size mechanical gaming keyboard with hybrid blue switches, whereas the linear keys require lesser force to activate, although you need a bit of time to get used to, this much sensitivity.
Sadly, Apex 5 does not provide adjustable per-key actuation like its predictors as Apex Pro does but still, the gaming keyboard is packed with many impressive features, also the solid build makes it durable. The factors that make Apex 5 perfect for Dota 2 are its soft-touch matte keycaps and touch-screen display.
New gaming peripherals acquired from @SteelSeries. The Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical keyboard, Rival 3 mouse, and the QcK Prism XL mousepad. This stuff is incredible. The OLED screen is probably my favorite part of it. Fresh peel at the end of video. pic.twitter.com/07rYwDbdEy
— SF216 (@ShadowFiend216) January 28, 2020
- Soft matte keys
- Powerful software
- Dedicated media control to adjust settings and volume
- Per-key RGB illumination
- Anti-ghosting along with 2 adaptors
2. Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
- CHERRY MX RGB mechanical key switches with gold contacts deliver the ultimate performance and competitive advantage of mechanical keys
- 8MB Onboard profile storage with lighting and hardware macro playback to take your gaming profiles with you
- Per-key RGB backlighting deliver dynamic and vibrant lighting effects with virtually unlimited customization
This feature-rich keyboard has drawn the attention of enthusiasts gamers because it is equipped with Cherry MX mechanical switches to offer great competitive value and striking performance.
The next generation Strafe comes with individually backlit keys, although, only red color is given for backlighting I like the fact that they supplied Corsair software along which consent users to adjust lightening effect for keys and backlight.
Let’s take a look at strafe’s set of features that makes gaming more fun and exciting:
— MishaPresents (@mishapresents) September 21, 2018
- Full-key rollover
- Per-key RGB backlighting
- 8MB profile storage
- Dedicated multimedia controls
- ICUE software (allows vibrant lighting control along with system lightening synchronization through Corsair compatible peripherals)
- Macro programming
3. Razer A16 Black Widow Tournament Edition Chroma
- Built around razer's award-winning mechanical switches designed from the ground up for hard-core gaming, The crisp, tactile feel, responsiveness
- Easy access media keys for convenient volume control and media playback
- 10 Key rollover for extreme anti-ghosting
The edition is equipped with exclusive razer mechanical switches which are not at all less than new-generation mechanical switches particularly when it comes to responsiveness, precision, and swiftness.
The whole-new revamped version holds an impressive and portable design with several backlight keys on it simultaneously the mechanism of mechanical keys enables gamers to amend the backlight accordingly also to enhance response.
This 14.4 inches portable size mechanical keyboard is certainly a good option as it requires the smallest place, also it’s a perfect size that fits in a laptop bag or backpack well. Myriad color light waves go through the keys when you plug in, furthermore with the customized function you can change into an alternative color of your choice.
- Razer’s mechanical switches give ultra-quick actuation time
- 10-key rollover to offer prime anti-ghosting
- Accessible media keys for functions
- Macro keys
- Personalized backlighting function
4. Asus ROG Strix Scope RX Gaming Keyboard
- PLAY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT - Take on all comers with ROG Strix Scope RX, the first mechanical RGB gaming keyboard featuring exclusive ROG RX Red Optical...
- ABOUT ROG RX RED SWITCH - Linear and Swift, ROG RX Red Optical Mechanical Switches are the first to be developed by ROG. Extensive research, testing and...
- BUILT TO LAST - ROG Strix Scope RX offers industry-leading IP57 waterproof and dust resistance, ensuring it’s well-protected from spills and dust. It...
The premium gaming keyboard is basically the modified edition of the ROG scope series, the keyboard is a real pro for gaming and typing because of quick actuation thus decreasing the chances of accidental keystrokes to almost none.
Above all, the mechanical keyboard is sturdy enough to last long as the resilient aluminum alloy plate on top of the keyboard is used to make its frame rigid while it has optimum IP57 dust & water-resistant makes it easy to upkeep.
A few gaming keyboard pictures today – the Corsair K100 and Asus ROG Strix Scope RX. Both with RGB LEDs and opto-mechanical switches. pic.twitter.com/jDOs86kyt4
— Mike Jennings (@mikejjennings) January 20, 2021
- Ultimate-fast switches to give rapid response
- Wider ctrl key increases precision (best for FPS gaming)
- Per-key RGB LEDs
- Customizable lightening effects
- Stealth key for hiding apps and controlling audio for quick-action privacy
- Onboard memory
- Programmable macros & management
- Quick-toggle switch
5. Logitech G710+
- Tactile, high-speed keys: Quiet mechanical keys deliver gaming-grade responsiveness and superior tactile feedback without noise distractions
- Adjustable dual-zone backlighting: Adjust the brightness of WASD/arrow keys independently from the rest of the keyboard so you can easily find any key?even...
- 6 programmable G-keys: Configure up to 18 unique functions per game, including single keypresses, complex macros or intricate Lua scripts
G710+ is the keyboard featuring a smooth keys layout in which 110 anti-ghosting keys and around 26 rollover keys are set in a way that gives you great convenience, accuracy, and performance while gaming. Moreover, the keyboard features 6 dedicated programming keys to help you configure around 18 functions on the go which include multipart macros, each keypress as well as complex Lua scripts.
Stating other functional proficiency of Logitech G710+ thus the feature of personalized two backlighting zones is worth mentioning in which you can select different levels of brightness for variant zones. The gaming keyboard is tailored with expedient features like WASD and arrow keys that assist users to control gaming efficiency, accuracy, and pace conveniently.
Merry early Christmas to me, finally getting rid of my 4 year old Logitech g710+ pic.twitter.com/4UbWoeQtVq
— Choxie (@Choxie808) December 22, 2019
- USB pass-through
- Programmable macro keys
- Sound-dampening ring mechanism offer noise-free key pressing
- Cherry MX mechanical switches
- Anti-ghosting and Rollover keys
- One-touch dedicated media keys for easy control
6. Roccat Vulcan 122
- TITAN SWITCH MECHANICAL (TACTILE) - Designed and built entirely by ROCCAT engineers and developed for gamers who love the feel of mechanical switches, but...
- ADVANCED ANTI-GHOSTING - Technology optimized for gamers to ensure every key stroke of the most-used keys is registered – no matter how frantic the...
- AIMO ILLUMINATION - ROCCAT’s proprietary lighting eco-system connects compatible devices present vivid lighting scenarios right out of the box, without...
Above this, the delightful features of this premium mechanical keyboard make it evenly efficient to perform more precisely and responsively both for productivity and gaming. If you are in search of a keyboard to pair well with your white PC then do take it as the best option.
Roccat Vulcan 122 is a refinement version of Vulcan 120 AIMO than a revolution so you can expect pretty much the same model with the only difference of white color. The Roccat’s titan switches give you the perfect feel of brown mechanical switches even better in terms of quick response and tactile bump.
The titan switches housing and small keycaps are made to resist dust and dirt and also prevent keys wobbling while with 3.6mm of switch travel distance and 1.8mm actuation point are the factors that make this keyboard ultimate for best performance.
Roccat Vulcan 122
I like it quite a bit. I really wish it was a bit shorter, but I got used to it pretty quick (like, literally a day or 2)
— /// // (@marcsh) August 10, 2022
- Anti-ghosting 104 keys
- Per-key RGB illumination (16.8 m colors options)
- Remarkable keys
- 512Kb build-in macro and settings memory
- Easy shift+ technology
- Multimedia control keys
7. Roccat Pyro Keyboard
- MECHANICAL SWITCHES - Accurate, linear-feeling (red) mechanical switches with 2.0mm actuation; Advanced anti-ghosting technology ensures each and every key...
- DURABLE DESIGN - Reinforced by a brushed aluminum top plate for robust durability; Switches are also long-lasting with a lifespan of 50 million keystrokes...
- CUSTOMIZED YOUR WAY - ROCCAT’s Easy-Shift[plus] technology adds a secondary function to compatible keys; Just hold down the designated modifier key for...
The responsive and smooth TTC switches remind me of red mechanical switches whereas the modern anti-ghosting technology makes sure keystrokes get recorded and even go well through panicky actions while gaming.
What we truly like is the factor that Roccat has added its software despite its low budget, they made it to be entirely remappable and composed by program swarm while the mechanism of easy shift is also included for dynamic macros customization.
This full-size mechanical keyboard has a lot to offer on the deck which includes multimedia keys to offer a row of functions while an individual volume dial is also a factor of convenience for on-the-whim customization.
Well, my new @ROCCAT Pyro keyboard arrived, to go with my Nyth mouse, and I have to say I’m pretty pleased with it. The switches are a little lighter than I’m used to, so spelling errors abound, but it is nice to have a built-in numpad again. Pretty sweet for the low price, too.
— Michael: Virtual Photographer (@TacticalGrace_) November 29, 2021
- ABS keycaps
- Brushed aluminum plate on top
- RGB lighting
- AIMO illumination
- Easy shift program for customization
- 50 million keystroke lifespan
Best Keyboard for Dota 2 – Buying Guide
Pros like to have a gaming keyboard that proposes ergonomic comfort, the best lightning effect, and adjustable features especially for playing Dota 2.
With hundreds of buying options, it will be a much more challenging task to pick the right one that suits you better. In this context, hopefully, this buying guide would help you get an idea of what factors to look for while purchasing a mechanical keyboard to play Dota 2.
It is better to get a proper table or desk to place your gaming keyboard while playing to get the greater comfort out of it. Likewise, you should prefer a board with a palm rest that maintains proper wrist angle and provide support even after hours of a gaming session.
Let’s glaring at other essential factors you should consider while buying a gaming keyboard for Dota 2:
- Suitable Switch Types
The wide-ranging types of switches include Cherry MX Red, Black, Brown & Cherry MX Blue as well as Gateron Red & Brown, instead of these there are varieties of switches from different manufacturers. In general, Cherry MX Brown and Cherry MX Red are supposed to be the well-suited switches to play games like Dota 2.
You need fast response and accuracy for playing Dota 2 games in this context the switches mentioned above are the good options to try.
Except for these, the Kailh Red, Blue & Brown Switches, Razer Green Switches, Razer Yellow Switches, Romer G-Tactile, Logitech GX, and OmniPoint Switches are the best options for the keyboard you will be using for playing Dota 2. In fact, these are good options to play FPS and many other games.
- Anti-ghosting & N-Key Rollover
Make sure you look out for these two features that are very useful to playing Dota 2 and many other games. Key rollover is the smart-tech feature that detects and registers multiple keystrokes simultaneously so you can press 2 or 3 keys at a time and get registered.
Anti-ghosting is the most important feature if you are seeking a mechanical keyboard for Dota 2 do check out this factor as a priority. The feature ensures error-free input of keypresses in the right order of them being pressed.
- Size of Keyboard
Some pros like to use the tenkeyless mechanical keyboard to play Dota 2 as it rejoices so many potential benefits, on the other hand, some players like to use a full-size gaming keyboard. It should be your choice to either pick TKL-sized or full-sized mechanical gaming keyboard.
Indeed, the compact size of the TKL keyboard is the biggest advantage in terms of space-saving, free right-hand movement, easy mobility, and lightweight. With pros, everything has its cons, like a tenkeyless keyboard excludes Numpad due to limited size but you can have it separately.
Although Numpad has nothing to do with Dota 2 some people like to have a gaming keyboard that they can use for varieties of games so you need to consider these factors carefully.
- Keyboard Layout
Another vital factor that required your attention is the layout of the keyboard. It is suggested to get a gaming keyboard with 101 keys with numeric keys. Still, you can get a different keyboard layout as well that suits your need.
It is the biggest factor of consideration while buying a gaming keyboard. You should purchase a keyboard that comes with macros keys and software customization that enable the user to set up the function of keys according to them.
However, many other features are coming your way when you sifting the market for the best mechanical gaming keyboard to play Dota 2. But you need to decide whether you need worth using features or those unnecessary surplus features that marked the board’s cost high for no reason.
Which Types of Keyboards are Best for Dota 2?
Truly, as compared to membrane keyboards, mechanical keyboards are way more suitable for gaming as they are furnished with a level-based system collaborated with spring-based keys. Also, the non-spongy membrane of the mechanical gaming keyboards offers great ease in key pressing all the way down without any effort.
Membrane keyboards, on the other side, have an integrated sensitive pad and single rubber strip that is best for mid-range players/gamers. Speaking of the dome keyboards thus they have hybrid buttons holding folding technique in the back of keys.
The data 2 game requires a high level of efficiency, accuracy, and speed which can only be possible with a mechanical keyboard. A mechanical keyboard has a switch under each key for prime accuracy, these keyboards are reliable, and responsive well as come with backlighting and RGB key features.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best keyboard for Dota 2?
- SteelSeries Apex 5 Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 Mechanical Keyboard
What keyboards do DOTA players use?
SteelSeries has taken the lead as the Apex M800 and many of their top-notch gaming keyboards are in the favorite list of Dota 2 Professional gamers for instance Top son and n0tail. Similarly, from the Evil Geniuses team, the popular Dota 2 player ‘Arteezy’ loves to use Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition mechanical keyboard.
Dota 2 Pro players love to have a TKL-sized keyboard to play the game even Dota 2 streamers feel the same mainly because of the compact size. According to both professionals, the ideal TKL size is 87% which is portable enough to carry around without any hassle.
To wrap it up, if you consider investing in a mechanical keyboard so this guide is a perfect catch for you to hit a milestone this winter, so be on it. Surely, we made an extra effort in cutting down the search to get you some of the best suitable gaming keyboards to play Dota 2 for almost everyone.
Nevertheless, the mechanical keyboards reviewed ideal for Dota 2 are TKL-sized gaming keyboards in which compact sizes are also included for portability convenience. Yet, in my view, the size of the gaming keyboard should be a matter of personal preference.
I highly recommend you to have SteelSeries Apex 5 to play Dota 2 and dozens of other games. The top-tier mechanical keyboard is popular for a reason that includes ergonomic designs and unique, customizable features, also it is light on the pocket.