Frankly, there is nothing like the best keyboard for financial modeling officially in the market although there are different kinds of keyboards available that can help you increase efficiency, productivity, and stability. To be precise, financial modeling is all about using various software thus best computer for financial modeling is imperative then comes the appropriate keyboard afterward.
In case you are somehow related to the finance industry or are an accountant or have to use excel on daily basis then you must have the best keyboard for accounting which ensures accuracy and boost productivity at the same time.
Here is the most common question pop-up in the reader’s mind which keyboard is most suitable for excel tasks or financial modeling? The most suitable keyboard for financial modeling or excel tasks is the one that offers maximum excel shortcuts and makes typing easier. Further, you must check out the detailed buying guide mentioned in the post below to give you thorough insight and help you get the best keyboard for financial modeling.
The keyboards vary in size, layout, number of keys, and location of keys, some models feature multi-purpose keys similarly you will find ergonomic keyboards which are best if you have wrist pain. Nonetheless, you have thousands of options on your way to give it a try but you should act wise and choose upon your working requirements and preferences.
I went through a lot of research to get a good keyboard for financial modeling then decided to write this article to share some best picks from the market that are potentially the best keyboards for financial modeling.
As we all know the market is packed with various types, variants, and models of keyboards, in this case picking the right keyboard for financial modeling is certainly a daunting task. For this reason, I brought you the list of the 7 best keyboards for finance and shared a well-researched and tested review of each of the keyboards.
Our team has tested 4000 keyboard from different brands including Microsoft,Logitech,Ajazz, Arteck and Hp to different models. After comprehensive consideration of all aspects, Microsoft and Logitech keyboard is considered to be the best among thebest keyboard for financial modeling listed below.
Click To See Content Of This Post
- 1 Top 7 Best Keyboard for Financial Modeling
- 2 Things to Consider before Buying Best Keyboard for Financial Modeling
Top 7 Best Keyboard for Financial Modeling
|Microsoft Desktop 3000||
|Logitech MK270 Wireless||
|Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless||
|Arteck 2.4G Wireless||
1.Logitech Craft Advanced Wireless
- THE CROWN – A UNIQUE CREATIVE INPUT DIAL. The Crown is a tactile aluminium dial that adapts to the app you’re using – giving you instant control of...
- OPTIMISED WORKFLOW. Install profiles in Logitech Options to enhance the Crown for use with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, as well as...
- PREMIUM TYPING. Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for efficiency, stability and precision. Your fingers glide effortlessly between the matt...
This is the type of keyboard made for accuracy, stability, and efficiency, its ultra-thin compact design carries some top-notch features such as customized illumination, knob control, easy set-up, and much more.
- The Craft keyboard is better described by knob control settled on the left top enabling one-touch access to context-related functions
- Backlighting: this slim and trim keyboard would feel incomplete without smart illumination which can be adjusted
- Connectivity: this advanced design keyboard also includes a unique feature in which the keyboard can be connected to more than 3 devices
— Her Sabah İşe Giden Adam 🇹🇷 (@isegidenadam) April 28, 2020
2. Arteck 2.4G Wireless
- Easy Setup: Simply insert the nano USB receiver into your computer and use the keyboard instantly.
- Ergonomic design: Stainless steel material gives heavy duty feeling, low-profile keys offer quiet and comfortable typing.
- 6-Month Battery Life: Rechargeable lithium battery with an industry-high capacity lasts for 6 months with single charge (based on 2 hours non-stop use per...
The thing that makes Arteck best among all is its full size, easy layout, ultra-thin, compact, and lightweight design, similarly, the full-size keys make it incredibly comfortable to type on.
- Ergonomic design: the Arteck is ergonomically designed to offer maximum comfort
- Rechargeable Battery: it features an integrated industry-high Li-polymer battery
- Silent keys: the keyboard holds low profile, whisper-silent keys to offer you a whole new experience of typing
- Scissor kick keys of this keyboard last up to 3 million keystrokes
Arteck 2.4G Wireless Keyboard Stainless Steel Ultra Slim Full Size Keyboard with Numeric Keypad for Computer/Desktop/PC/Laptop/Surface/Smart TV and Windows 10/8/ 7 Built in Rechargeable Battery
Package contents: Arteck Stainless 2.4G Wireless Keyboard, nano USB receiver, US…
— Sam Hudson (@SamHuds0nn) April 8, 2020
3. Logitech K270Here comes another Logitech keyboard, K270 is the keyboard with a reliable wireless connection, this easy-to-use keyboard is one of the finest options for the best keyboard accountants or excels users. This USB keyboard is designed with a standard layout to propose an extremely comfortable typing experience through full-size and deep profile keys.
The compact design of the keyboard does not compromise on its full size and number of keys, with F-Keys, arrow keys, and Numpad; it provides almost all shortcuts on board.
- Made to last: the keyboard has spill resilient design also offer sturdy print characters
- It does not require much maintenance
- The Logitech keyboard is easier to set up by plugging a USB receiver into the USB port of a computer
- You do not need any software installation
- Hotkeys: the K270 brings you 8 easy-to-access multimedia keys for instant functioning
Ok Twitterverse, recommendations for a good wired keyboard. My standard is currently the Logitech K270
The lower the clickety-clack noise the better.
— Dave Jones (@eevblog) November 29, 2021
4. Microsoft Desktop 3000
- Media Center Control media playback from your keyboard
- Hot Keys One-touch access to Windows Media Player, e-mail, Home, calculator, My Documents, Zoom, instant messaging, and photos
- Spill-Resistant, Quiet Touch Keys - Integrated water channels drain the liquid away
Similarly, Microsoft ensures user protection by using a smart ergonomic design, which includes a wrist rest so the users can use it the whole day trading keyboard long without feeling pain in their fingers and palms.
- Programming Keys: the Microsoft keyboard is being smart to offer hotkeys that give you one-touch control
- To home, media player, massaging, calculator, zoom, photos, and My documents
- Thin-Profile keys: all keys on board are made thin to perform well also keyboard includes all shortcut keys like F-keys
- BlueTrack Mechanism: the mouse is made on blue track technology to work well on surfaces like a countertop
Playing with my new Microsoft Desktop 3000 wireless keyboard & mouse. Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, love it. Some many buttons, so little time.
— Jake’s Wife – Solon (@FeetCandy) November 9, 2012
5.Logitech MK270 Wireless
- Reliable Plug and Play: The USB receiver provides a reliable wireless connection up to 33 ft (1), so you can forget about drop-outs and delays and you can...
- Type in Comfort: The design of this keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the low-profile, quiet keys and standard layout with...
- Durable and Resilient: This full-size wireless keyboard features a spill-resistant design (2), durable keys and sturdy tilt legs with adjustable height
This full-size keyboard comes with every factor and features making it ideal to use for financial modeling, from comfortable design, standard layout, to full-size Numpad, F-keys, and arrows the keyboard has got everything for you.
- Multimedia Hotkeys: the keyboard is featuring 8 programmable keys to make instant access.
- You can rush to email, volume, internet, pause/play, and more.
- Better Connection: this board offers you simply plug and play without any software
- The USB receiver provides the strong connection of 2.4 GHz signals
- Improved Battery life: it is backed by 36 months keyboard battery life
Mah submission for #ReineBoardReview
Logitech MK270 Wireless keyboard
Man, been using this keyboard for like… 5-6 years ago, most of the time it works, some… well it doesn’t want to work, but hey at least its reliable to sim- i mean to work some stuff… yea stuff pic.twitter.com/c9yU1p2SOr
— Feeltis Catcus (@alpha_force10) June 24, 2021
6. Ajazz AK50
- 【CUSTOM BROWN SWITCHES】Special Modified Brown Switches offer the same experience as Cherry MX Brown and life span reaches up to 60 million. The...
- 【ILLUMINATED KEYBOARD】Yellow LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard comes with Double-shot Injection Molded Keycaps, offering the best touch feeling, clear...
- 【100% ANTI-GHOSTING 104 KEYS】100% anti-ghosting 104 keys deliver reliably accurate performance without any program error. Ergonomic key designs in...
It is crafted ergonomically to add more accuracy and efficiency to your overall performance, that is why the manufacturer used custom-made mechanical switches (brown switches) that are silent and soft, unlike other switches.
- Construction: it is made out of premium quality anodized aluminum and ABS material, the keyboard is manufactured to last longer, it is a good multipurpose keyboard
- Backlighting: although comes with only yellow LED-backlit but features 8 modes for specific keys, 5 custom modes for keys, etc.
- Key designs: keyboard is available with ergonomic design of keys in several shapes, an international standard is used as R4 R3 R2 R1, keys are best to use for a long time.
7. Logitech Advanced Illuminated Wireless
- Designed for Mac: Compatible with Apple MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac & iPad models.
- MASTERED FOR MAC - MX Keys for Mac is optimized for macOS, iPad compatible, finished in Space Gray – and features a Mac key layout
- PERFECT STROKE KEYS – Spherically dished keys are crafted for the shape of your fingertips – and feature a Mac key layout. A row of Fn keys can be...
With an appealing and clean design, the Logitech MX Keys is incredibly durable as the brushed-aluminum frame is thin enough whereas the white keycap fonts along with grey finish make it futuristic, polished, and super stylish.
- Stroke Keys: the keys on the board are crafted in a curve shape to suit fingertips like the feature of Mac layout keys
- Dynamic Backlit and Customizable keys: the keyboard features nifty illumination in which keyboard keys light up and have the option of automatic adjustment work on lighting condition changes, the feature of Fn keys customization is great to manage heavy workflow.
Logitech MX Keys Advanced Illuminated Wireless Keyboard for Mac – Bluetooth/USB N89,000 @aapltrdng
Get more out of your Mac with MX Keys for Mac – designed to work seamlessly on the macOS platform.
The most advanced Master Series keyboard ever is finished in Space Gray pic.twitter.com/ECUyaazVU6
— AAPLTrdNg VENTURES (@aapltrdng) July 1, 2022
Things to Consider before Buying Best Keyboard for Financial Modeling
As we know that not all keyboards are made equally and with hundreds of thousands of options in the market, it will be extremely tough to get the keyboard with the right specifications and aspects that are highly needed for financial modeling software.
On the other hand, there are many extravagant keyboards on market, however, seem extremely impressive and probably make a deep impact on consumers psychologically. In reality, you have nothing to do with fancy features and lights of the keyboard when you want to get the better keyboard to use for financial modeling or excel work. The top-tier keyboards with AWSD keys are absolutely not needed, all you need is extra functional keys to make the most out of shortcuts.
You should prefer a business keyboard over a gaming keyboard if you want one to increase your efficiency and performance for financial modeling.
Let’s take a look at some of the most essential aspects you should consider while buying a keyboard, which is well-suited for excel work or financial modeling:
Best keyboard for investment banking Layout
The first thing you need to look for while buying a keyboard is its suitable size and layout. You will come across numerous types of keyboards with so many different sizes which are commonly known as form factors. Compact form factors are not at all suitable for excel related work as they sacrifice many keys for size e.g., Numpad, etc.
As Numpad and other keys such as F keys have vast significance in financial modeling therefore you should buy a keyboard with all 104 keys and prefer a standard layout. It is recommended to get a full-size keyboard that includes functions keys, Numpad, and arrow keys.
Although you can get a keyboard with a different layout the only issue is that you need some time to adjust to the new design. Similarly, you can consider split design keyboards which are ergonomically designed to offer comfort and ease as well as contain almost all keys on board.
You can even get the keyboard that comes with Numpad or one with a separate number pad. Both options are good to go with but in case you want easy movement on the working station so it is better to opt for an isolated option.
Financial modeling is mainly based on keyboard shortcuts and the use of such key shortcuts makes you extremely productive also it saves time while using excel.
While buying a keyboard you should not overlook this important factor make sure to check the positions of keys for the sake of easy access.
Apart from general and basic excel shortcuts, financial modeling required navigation & selection, formatting, tables, data manipulating, and various other shortcuts to complete tasks.
The major keys involved in keyboard shortcuts are mentioned below:
- Ctrl key
- Shift key
- Menu key
- Alt key
- Arrow keys
- Function keys
- Menu keys & Numpad
Some other keys like escape, home, end, Page up, and down keys are also used in key shortcuts. Since these keys are used in combinations often so make sure these keys are in an easily accessible position when you purchase a keyboard.
Ergonomic Design & Construction
Another factor you must consider while buying a keyboard is its build or quality construction. Mostly there are three types of keyboards preferred for excel work, ergonomic keyboards or split keyboards are best for long hours of typing. These keyboards are designed ergonomically to encourage natural wrist position while typing thus prevent from wrist pain and other typing-associated injuries.
The best affordable mechanical keyboard is also a great option in terms of quality switches. The essence of mechanical keyboards is the type of switches, which more or less offer millions of keystrokes for each key. On each press, these keyboards generate noise although it mainly depends on the switch type used in the keyboard. And the best thing about the mechanical keyboard that attracts users is the option to choose switch type based on work requirements.
You can either go with a clicky keyboard or a noiseless one, even you have the option to pick a switch type which requires much actuation force or the one with the slightest actuation force.
Chiclet keyboards on the other side are quiet keyboards with scissor switches. These are also good for excel users or fast typists as they have slight actuation point that makes it effortless in terms of typing. These keyboards are mostly followed membrane mechanism which is way more beneficial for beginners.
The build quality of the keyboard determines its durability and ability to handle a heavy load of work. You must check the build quality of the keyboard which includes the material quality of the frame, keys, and switches.
Mechanical keyboards are the best option in the context of durability and reliability, MX red switches that require the least actuation force are the top recommendation. Chiclet keyboard is also great when it comes to fast typing speed but you should get a model from a well-rated brand.
You have the option to choose connectivity in keyboards either wired or wireless according to your personal preference and working habits.
If you prefer connectivity without any interval so you should consider a wired keyboard that comes with USB port connectivity.
But if you want a keyboard that offers mobility and is free of litter created by wires then wireless keyboards are the best option for you. These are usually battery-operated keyboards with the connectivity options of Bluetooth. Although these keyboards are a costly option the long-timing batteries can give you peace of mind while working without any break.
All the above-mentioned keyboards are the best pick from the market fully capable to make your financial modeling or excel work easier and faster.
Besides, you have an entire ocean of options in the market to pick the right one based on requirements, preferences, and budget. I recommend you pick the keyboard which is suitable for multitasking work to make your investment worth it.
I hope this post on the best keyboard for financial modeling will draw your attention to some great options from the market also guide you through how to select the best keyboard.
Hope you get an excellent one!