Day trading requires a proper all-inclusive setup of supplies like a high-end PC and numerous monitors that help you conduct the process well. Likewise, the keyboard is the big player in this comprehensive setup that matters a lot in commands’ execution.
However, investing in the best keyboard and mouse for day trading will get you so many benefits as well as optimized productivity.
Here we are going to discuss how important the best keyboard for stock traders is. And why it is necessary to invest in the stock trading keyboard.
Although you can begin with regular peripherals if you are new to trading, your prosperous future in trading demands the best computer hardware, which makes trading smooth and efficient.
Being a cryptocurrency trader myself, honestly, I prefer using the keyboard for trading like entering the quotes, and scanning loss or gain seems easier with it. A trackpad or mouse somewhat increases the risk factor in trading (in my opinion) while a keyboard provides accuracy and pace in trading.
Getting the right keyboard for day trading basically heightens your productivity by helping you with the smooth execution of complex commands.
With programmable hotkeys, you can enhance performance accuracy if you set custom commands for switching between tabs or opening up-selling & buying orders in a single click. Hence, the finest day trading keyboard can help you get the edge in the competitive industry of trading.
Not all keyboards available in the market are good for day trading, if you don’t know how to select a keyboard for day trading & which key factors to consider while buying the right keyboard, this ultimate guide will help you thoroughly in this context.
As experts in dealing with keyboard research, we have spent almost 15 days in research and tested more than 600 keyboards which are suitable for day trading. After pretty tiring research we finally compiled a list of the 6 best keyboards you can use for day trading.
Click To See Content Of This Post
- 1 Top 6 Keyboards for Day Trading
- 2 1. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Keyboard
- 3 2. Logitech Ergo K860 Ergonomic Keyboard
- 4 3. Logitech G613 Lightspeed
- 5 4. Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
- 6 5. Koolertron One-Handed Programmable
- 7 6. Logitech MX Keys Wireless Keyboard
- 8 Things to consider before getting the right Keyboard for Day Trading
- 9 What to look for in a Day Trading Keyboard?
- 10 Choice of Keyboard Type with Regard to Keys
- 11 Conclusion
Top 6 Keyboards for Day Trading
|Logitech G910 Orion||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Logitech ERGO K860||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Logitech G613 LIGHTSPEED||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Razer Ornata Chroma||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Koolertron One Handed||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Logitech MX Keys Advanced||
||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mechanical Keyboard
G910 Orion Spark by Logitech is a mechanical keyboard that has earned a great reputation among traders and other users due to its fastest performance and aesthetics. The G910 presented new levels of customization and speed, with Romer-G switches, users will get the fastest actuation so every command executes right away when the key is pressed.
The illumination mechanism of the keyboard is supported by customizable RGB backlighting for a great lightning profile and ease of work even with dim lights.
The Orion Spark introduced a new definition of comfort for traders and gamers as the input device outplayed in the sectors of wrist support, comfort, and precision. As for trading-specific features, the G910 has programmable G-keys so you can easily set custom macros to perform compound commands at an ultra-fast pace.
- 9 hotkeys with 3 profiles make around 27 programmable keys
- Dedicated media keys
- Arx control software
- Silent and faster mechanical switches
— Mouse1FPS (@Mouse1Gaming) January 26, 2019
- Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches Exclusive Romer-G mechanical switches make Orion Spectrum our fastest keyboard ever. 1. 5mm actuation makes it...
- Intelligent RGB Illumination Customize Orion Spectrum’s RGB illumination from a palette of up to 16 million colors. Customize key illumination for...
- Arx Control Integration Smartphones and tablets can be connected to Orion Spectrum using the adjustable Smart Dock. Arx Control makes it possible for...
2. Logitech Ergo K860 Ergonomic Keyboard
Although the Logitech Ergo K860 does not offer programmable keys, this simple membrane-based ergonomic keyboard is low profile to give you accuracy and pace while typing. The keyboard actually suits the hardware setup of trading and offers the best performance despite the programmable keys lacking.
If you are into prime quality ergonomic keyboards to encourage natural typing posture, you can get anything better than Ergo K860. Its slope-based design and split keyframe reduce pressure on the wrist while the thickly cushioned palm pad prevents the wrist from excess bending and provides additional support.
Similarly, the keyboard features customizable function keys, uninterrupted wireless connectivity, a full-size layout, silent keys, and long battery life for incredible and convenient performance.
Got myself a fancy ergonomic keyboard to stave off any future carpal tunnel misery. And I’ve always wanted to ergo my nomics, so why not start now?
(It’s a Logitech Ergo K860, keyboard fans.) pic.twitter.com/jCWoQnZUIC
— Mark Stay (@markstay) April 3, 2022
- Ergonomic, split design
- USB RF receiver included
- Thickly padded, adjustable (height & angle) wrist pad for better wrist support
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Low profile keys for optimized typing experience
- Wireless range:10 m (33-ft) wireless range
- Improved Typing Posture: Type more naturally with a curved, split keyframe and reduce muscle strain on your wrists and forearms thanks to the sloping...
- Pillowed Wrist Rest: Curved wrist rest with memory foam layer offers typing comfort with 54 per cent more wrist support; 25 per cent less wrist bending...
3. Logitech G613 Lightspeed
Wireless connectivity with mechanical keyboards is often not the case but the rarest keyboard on the list has it. Logitech G613 with lighting speed wireless technology offers an incredible performance of mechanical switches. This keyboard can be a good pick if you are seeking a high-tier performing mechanical keyboard that as well host multi wireless connectivity.
At the same time, this mechanical next-generation keyboard is a feature-rich option for traders in which 6 hotkeys can be used to execute multiple actions in a single keypress quickly.
With the quickest response rate of 1 ms, the Logitech G613 wireless device proposes a victorious solution for the problems related to wireless keyboards such as input lag and flaws in registering the keystroke.
Protip: get a Logitech G613 wireless keyboard for work
Bring it to work and say it makes you more productive since your stock keyboard isn’t as good
Ok now Bluetooth the keyboard to your phone
You now can work on your side hustle without the suspicion of a second laptop
— BowTiedPlayer | Mindset, Dating, Social Dynamics (@PlayerTied) July 10, 2022
- Mechanical switches, Romer-G for precise, faster, and noiseless performance
- Full-size key layout
- Super-fast wireless connection (Bluetooth and USB receiver)
- Multimedia controls for single-click actions
- Integral palm pad for better wrist support and natural angle of the hand
- Lightspeed: Wireless technology for super-fast 1 ms report rate
- Romer G mechanical switches deliver quiet, precise mechanical performance and 70 million click life for incredible feel and durability
- 6 programmable G keys put custom macro sequences and in app commands at your fingertips. 1 Customize G key profiles individually for each app
4. Razer Ornata Chroma Keyboard
Another great choice of keyboard that is a perfect fit for day trading, the Razer Ornata Chroma keyboard is a budget-friendly best performing keyboard that comes with mecha-membrane switches. This high-performing hybrid keyboard does not have programmable keys but it does include macro programmable functionality with software so that traders can set trading macros easily.
The surprising build quality of this hybrid keyboard makes it stand out while its combination switches are the prominent factor offering very pleasant typing when you get to feel tactile feedback of mechanical keys with a softer touch of a membrane rubber dome.
Likewise, the keyboard features a magnetic-attached palm pad, which is thickly cushioned for maximum support and comfort for the wrist while working or gaming. The personalized factors of the Razer keyboard have taken it to another level, with chroma backlighting customization you can get unlimited lighting effects while inter-device synchronization enabled you to sync lighting to all peripherals qualified with Razer chroma.
Glow up with the new @Razer Ornata V3 X, powered by Razer Chroma RGB.
Experience smoothness and precision with soft cushioned keys and maximum support with the ergonomic wrist rest. #Razer #PCgaming #Keyboard pic.twitter.com/4lMRzmnP6I
— Apex Interactive (@ApexIntSA) July 5, 2022
- Detachable padded wrist pad
- Chroma RGB individual keys’ backlighting (customizable)
- Mid-height keys offer faster actuation
- Dedicated media keys
- 10 Roll-over anti-ghosting keys
- High-Performance Mecha-Membrane Switches Provides the tactile feedback of mechanical key press on a comfortable soft-cushioned membrane rubber dome switch...
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma Fully syncs with popular games Razer hardware Philips Hue and gear from 30 plus partners...
- Fully Programmable Macro Support Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
6. Logitech MX Keys Wireless Keyboard
The keyboard that provides you stability, comfort, and precision is the Logitech MX wireless keyboard, known for its Mac layout and low-profile design. The gray finish of the keyboard and slim design makes it the perfect setup for an iPad or Mac.
The Logitech keyboard host MX keys while the keys are crafted spherically that mimic the fingertip shape for additional comfort, accuracy, and fast typing. The keyboard is manufactured to last long. Despite using a metal sheet, the keyboard is surprisingly lightweight.
It includes a row of function keys that can be personalized to complete specific trading actions in a single keystroke. This input device can help you easily switch between multiple devices you have in a trading setup as the keyboard can connect more than 3 computing devices.
Here’s the stuff I got. Apparently they keyboard is a Logitech mx keys business wireless keyboard combo. I’ll try to takr more pics of the campus tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/2UMe3mZ0rM
— Aubrey 🔜 StocktonCon, SacAnime, TwitchCon, Pawcon (@aubreymatic) June 30, 2022
- Integrated, rechargeable batteries
- Smart backlit keys automatic brightness adjustment
- Mac layout
- Multi-device compatibility
- Perfect stroke keys: Spherically dished keys match the shape of your fingertips, offering satisfying feedback with every tap
- Comfort and stability: Type with confidence on a keyboard crafted for comfort, stability, and precision. Connect via the included Unifying USB Receiver or...
- Smart illumination hand proximity detection and automatic backlighting. The USB cable only provides the power to the keyboard which stays powered up to 10...
Things to consider before getting the right Keyboard for Day Trading
To get a suitable day trading keyboard, you have to consider some key factors that will help you make the most practical decision anyway. Before getting a custom keyboard for trading, you should look out for layout, design, programmable keys, comfort, portability, and others.
Other than price, a keyboard that provides you basic comfort and trading-friendly features is the right pick for you, helping you with zero distraction but faster trading executions.
What to look for in a Day Trading Keyboard?
They can also refer to macros keys or hotkeys, these are dedicated keys other than keyboard layout, enabling users to assign commands. The software provided by brands is used to set commands with these hotkeys.
In order to execute different trading strategies single-handedly, according to professional traders, such programmable keys are considered the prime aesthetic of a keyboard for trading.
As trading is all about volatility and given the volatility rate traders have to be super quick. Command execution through macros keys makes you quick in particular actions such as canceling or placing orders in a single click. Programming keys provide you the ability to make the most out of volatility and get big gains.
You can assign quick commands to hotkeys to execute actions like opening up-selling or buying orders, loss pausing at a definable level, and opening up a new ticker in just a single key pressing. By using programmable keys, you can perform ultra-quick actions in the fast pace, volatile day trading.
With so many types of key layouts, QWERTY, Coleman, and Dvorak are the common layout types. Among these three, you will find QWERTY as the common layout in the keyboards so far. Although it was designed for typewriters it has been the most familiar layout and thus easy to use for people related to every field.
People who are related to trading should use the type of keyboard layout that they are familiar with so that they will not be facing any difficulty getting used to a new layout or searching for keys during the crucial time of trading.
The hotkeys keypad has a total of 48 keys without any letter printing on keycaps, it allows users to write using a marker or paste sticker or try laser carving on keycaps.
You can opt to invest in hotkey keypads in case the programming keys on your keyboard are not adequate. These are the keypads with abundant programmable keys allowing you to program various functions of trading.
Choice of Keyboard Type with Regard to Keys
These are standard keyboards widely available and used in almost every field for years. They have a thin layer of membrane under the keys, which presses down to the circuit to register a keypress.
These keyboards are inexpensive, lighter, and noiseless but not as durable as mechanical keyboards. Membrane keyboards, which are low profile and have scissor switches are very popular. Keyboards with scissor switches are compact and slim while scissor switches keyboards are comparatively faster and need very low actuation force.
These keyboards are generally termed chiclet keyboards that have flat keys. If you have a whole setup of office for day trading and you want a silent keyboard then the keyboard with a scissor-switch would be the right pick.
These keyboards are designed with ergonomic considerations that encourage a natural posture of hand & wrist as well as decrease muscle fatigue, strain, and other issues. Most ergonomic keyboards are intended for two-handed typists therefore mainly designed in a V shape to keep hands at rest at a more natural angle.
An ergonomic keyboard has nothing to do with day trading but traders who are suffering from pain or injury can consider investing in a prime quality keyboard, for example, Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard. They are quite a nice pick if trading takes most of your time and you have to wait for the time of action and open up orders by keeping both hands-on keyboards.
Moreover, most of the ergonomic keyboards in the market are actually membrane-based for some real reason.
Mechanical keyboards, on the other hand, offer a different keyboard feel with a top-of-the-line feedback mechanism. You can get to choose which type of switch you would prefer on a mechanical keyboard as some switches are loud with clicky noise although you have the option of silent switches as well. Similarly, the switch types differ from shallow actuation points to deep ones.
Mechanical keyboards are not only great for the feedback and tactile bump from switches but the precision and feel of each keypress make them ideal for day trading. Likewise, the smart feature of programmable keys makes the mechanical keyboard the hot pick for day trading.
Is Wireless Keyboard Recommended for Day Trading?
It is a personal preference between wireless or wired.
Considering some facts, we can conclude that a wired keyboard is a more reliable and easy option for traders as its connection consistency take a lead. As well for the office or home wired keyboard is the finest choice.
A wireless keyboard can only be good if you have to travel regularly as a trader or you don’t like the mess of wires on the table. The chances of needless lags or connection loss in battery-operated keyboards at the time of opening significant orders or about to register keypress are the primary factors that make wireless keyboards a flop accessory for day trading.
What are hot keys in trading?
Hotkeys, also known as shortcut keys or keyboard shortcuts, are a convenient way to quickly access and execute specific commands or actions in trading software. These keys are usually a combination of one or more function keys, such as F1-F12, along with one or more modifier keys, such as Ctrl, Alt, or Shift.
In trading software, hotkeys can be used to perform a variety of functions, such as:
- Placing trades: By assigning a hotkey to the “buy” or “sell” command, traders can quickly enter or exit a position without having to navigate through menus or use a mouse.
- Changing order types: Hotkeys can be assigned to different order types, such as market orders, limit orders, or stop-loss orders, allowing traders to quickly switch between them as needed.
- Modifying orders: Hotkeys can be used to quickly modify or cancel existing orders without having to navigate through menus or use a mouse.
- Navigating through the software: Hotkeys can be used to navigate quickly through different screens or windows in the trading software, such as switching between charts or data feeds.
- Executing chart-related actions: In some trading software, Hotkeys can be used to perform actions such as adding indicators, changing time frames, and zooming in and out in the chart.
Hotkeys can be a powerful tool for traders, as they allow for faster and more efficient execution of trades and other actions. However, it’s important to note that not all trading software supports hotkeys and it’s also important to use them judiciously as excessive use of hotkeys can lead to confusion and make mistakes more likely to happen.
Is the keyboard important when day trading?
Yes, the keyboard is important when day trading. A good keyboard can significantly enhance the speed and accuracy of a trader’s orders, as well as reduce fatigue. This is especially important when day trading, as decisions have to be made quickly and accurately. When trading, timing is often of the essence and a good keyboard can help a trader to be more efficient in their decisions and execution.
Keyboards designed for day trading should include a number of features to ensure quick and accurate input of orders. The keyboard should have a number pad for entering numbers quickly and accurately. It should also include macro keys that enable traders to execute frequently used commands with the press of a single key.
Many keyboards also feature dedicated keys for the most commonly used functions, such as buy and sell. This can help to reduce the amount of time spent manually entering orders. The keyboard should also be comfortable to use for extended periods of time. Day trading requires traders to be at their computers for long periods of time, so it is important for the keyboard to be ergonomically designed to reduce strain on the hands and wrists.
This can help to reduce fatigue, which can have an impact on decision-making. Overall, the keyboard is an important tool for day traders. It should be specifically designed to enable accurate and quick order entry, while also being comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
Even though it’s not a keyboard that makes you the finest trader, it is you that has the decision power and choice. But a good keyboard can contribute a lot to your trading performance, accuracy and speed. The right keyboard for day trading can save decisive seconds that could make or break a trade for you.
Therefore, this input device should not be underestimated by the way.
Hopefully, this post will help you get the best keyboard for trading as all the mentioned keyboards are hand-picked based on their best-trading features and hotkeys functionality.
Good luck with your prosperous day trading career!