Corsair peripherals are the favourite of most gamers, chiefly mechanical gadget enthusiasts. But do Corsair keyboards work with Mac is a pretty question to explain. As Corsair lovers living in every corner of the world, Mac users are also running with them parallelly. The connection between Corsair keyboards and Mac is never suppressed, but some enthusiasts don’t know about their setup, connectivity process, and uses.
Whenever we talk about gaming, the word Corsair knocks into mind that you can’t ignore the enormous collection of its mechanical peripherals. What is a miracle if Corsair and Mac work together? Hold the opinions and move down to know.
Click To See Content Of This Post
Do Corsair Keyboards Work With Mac?
Shortly, we say yes. The Corsair keyboards warmly work with Mac. As you know, Mac allows most keyboards to work on it partially, so the Corsair keyboards also require some modifications in swapping and keymapping before running with Mac. It does not matter if every non-Mac keyboard is a Windows keyboard by default. Because putting some awareness to the keymapping procedure can make the setup of your keyboard with a Mac comfortable.
Before taking a view on the setup, here are some differences you might need to know because they can make your learning term uncomplicated.
There are some differences in the place of keys, function variations, and keycaps of Mac and Corsair keyboards.
- It has the Function, Control, Option, and Command as modifier keys.
- It comes with a command logo on the command keycap.
- It has access to the Launchpad, Siri, and Mission control features.
- Its scroll lock, num lock, pause, and break work by pressing the fn key.
- It comes with different variations of modifier keys. Mostly, it has Control, Window, and Alt as modifier keys.
- It comes with a window logo on the command keycap.
- It does not have access to multiple functions, unlike Mac.
- Its scroll lock, num lock, pause, and break work directly.
How Do I Connect My Corsair Keyboard To My Mac?
By alteration in the keymap of the Corsair keyboard, you can make it worthwhile for Mac. After some changings, your Corsair is ready to assemble a bond with Mac. You can do it thoroughly without any hard work or hustle. Keep this verity in your mind the keyboard will work on Mac for regional variation because most Mac functions cannot run through Corsair.
Here are some steps you can follow for connecting Corsair and Mac.
- Switch on your Mac
- Plug your Corsair into your Mac, Pair it if you have the Bluetooth version
- Navigate the system preference by clicking on the apple logo
- Select the keyboard
- Tap on your keyboard name
- Change the option key to the command
- Change the command key to the option
- Save the settings
- You have done it.
- Test Corsair to verify connection and changings
At the end of the guide, about do Corsair keyboards work with Mac? The Corsair keyboards are compatible with Mac, and we described the procedure for using their keys on Mac. You can also use a customization software of Corsair on Mac, which is called iCUE. This software will help you to modify its keys, change functions, and customising the RGB backlighting system on Mac.