Online keyboards provide extra services to users with the help of google and the history of written words. You may notice something during chatting and writing on your Android or iPhone, the keyboard shows you indications of upcoming terms. These words are called suggestions for users, but how to clear keyboard suggestions is still confusing.
According to the point of writing benefits, these suggestions help you to improve your typing speed. It is also inspiring to correct your misspellings. Predictive text is a bit pesky for users to employ while they type another language in English. So, the process to dismiss or stop these suggestions on the keyboard will show to you in this guide.
Click To See Content Of This Post
How To Clear Keyboard Suggestions?
There are three main ways to get rid of these suggestions that apply to your keyboard. You can do it easily by Gboard settings, personal dictionary, and android settings. After removing suggested words, you can type without any obstacle of autocorrection. Your keyboards are set by default to save unfamiliar words from chattings. So, take the following actions to clear them out.
Clear Suggestions From Gboard
Every android device relies on Gboard by default. Gboard has multiple languages to use on keyboards. If you are also a Gboard user, try some suitable tips to clear the suggestions. Follow these steps.
- Select any notepad to open the keyboard
- Start typing
- The suggested word will start popping up on the suggestion bar
- Tap and hold on to the suggested word
- The delete icon will appear in the center
- Trash the suggested words into the delete icon
- Once you delete the suggestion, it will not pop up again
Clear Suggestions From Personal Dictionary
Sometimes the unfamiliar words are saved in the personal dictionary by default or by you. while you type and tap on suggested words. You can remove saved words by following the steps.
- Open your device setting
- Tap on System>Language and input
- Select the virtual keyboard
- Tap on Gboard
- Your keyboard setting will open
- Scroll down and tap on the personal dictionary
- The list of saved words will appear
- Select the word you want to clear
- Tap on the delete icon
- It will never show next time
Clear Suggestions From Device Settings
If you do not have a personal dictionary on the keyboard, may your android device contains a dictionary. You can clear the suggestions from the device settings. Follow the instructions to take action.
- Tap on setting
- Open the system
- Tap on language and inputs
- Scroll down and tap on the dictionary
- Type the word you want to clear
- Tap on delete
- Once you clear the suggested word, it will not appear again.
How Do I Clear My Predictive Keyboard History?
The procedure of clearing the history of keyboards is separate for Android and iOS. It depends on the device you are using, but if you are using Gboard or Swiftkey, it is best to clear the keyboard history with device settings. Make sure that you cannot restore it before starting the process.
- Go to the device settings
- Tap on the General management option
- Select Language & input setting
- Tap on the keyboard you are using
- It takes you to the keyboard setting
- Select the reset to default setting option
- Tap on the Erased history option
- You have Done
- Go to the device settings
- Tap on the General option
- Scroll to the bottom and Tap on Transfer&reset>Reset
- Tap on Reset keyboard history
- You have done it
How To Disable Predictive Keys On Keyboards?
If you are exploring, you have finished it and have no more suggestions remaining, so you are at fault because clearing suggestions and history can not stop your keyboard from saving your typing habits. You need to disable predictive keys to get rid of flickers permanently.
- Open your keyboard
- Hold the emoji button
- Tap on settings
- Select the text correction
- Switch off the Next-word suggestion, predictive text, or personalization
- Now the predictive words will stop showing on the keyboard
- Open the keyboard
- Go to the settings
- Tap on the Advanced setting option
- Tap on personalization mode and turn off
- Save the settings
You may concede this task is difficult because android devices have different types of settings. Therefore, detecting the correct way to clear keyboard suggestions is not easy, but you can catch it after selecting the language&input option because all devices have similar options after that. We have described all the processes separately for Androids and iOS. We hope that you will finish it in seconds.