Finding the right laptop-style keyboard can be quite confusing, considering the fact that there are a lot of them wrapped with sweet words about how good they are. Having the right laptop-like keyboard for your desktop could be the only reason why your game room or computer room is not filled with clouds of dust and tangled cables. This is because the right keyboard provides an easy flow with work. And no gamer likes a keyboard that is quite stiff or noisy. Believe me, I know how frustrating that can be.
Work can be as stressful as it can be, so tell me who wants a cranky keyboard to add to it? That is why I have done some research and have combined a list of some of the best laptop style keyboards. Not just any type of keyboard but laptop style keyboard for gaming. So if you have been thinking of getting a keyboard that can be used for both your laptop and desktop then you are reading the right article.
Although laptop keyboards are designed to use just very little workspace unlike the desktop keyboards, these sets of keyboards also use little workspace but have all the important keys.We have gone through data of 80,000 customers on the keyboards which we have covered in this guide and also tested these keyboard physically.
Click To See Content Of This Post
- 0.1 Top Laptop Style Gaming Keyboard for Desktop
- 0.2 5. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions
Top Laptop Style Gaming Keyboard for Desktop
|Logitech Wireless MK360||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|WisFox 2.4GHz Compact||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Trueque K31G Wireless Keyboard||
||Check Price on Amazon|
|Wireless Keyboard and Mouse||
||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Logitech Wireless Combo MK360
Logitech Mk360 Wireless Combo (920-003376) RB for only $16.99 only today! Do not miss out!! pic.twitter.com/oAtsWyzhd2
— GoodGuysElectronics (@Goodguyselectro) April 15, 2015
Here’s one of the most flexible laptop-style keyboards. Its flexibility makes it compatible with macOS or PC. It is the Logitech Wireless Combo Mk360. Unlike most laptop-like keyboards, the Logitech Wireless Keyboard comes with a long-lasting battery. Despite the battery included in this package, this keyboard remains one of the best with a slim and very easy-to-store design. It can easily be carried anywhere in a laptop bag or even a handbag.
Powered by a 2 AA battery, this laptop-style keyboard with a touchpad can be used for as long as 3 years. You don’t have to worry about charging it or anything like that. The Logitech keyboard might not provide all the ergonomic comfort you need, but it can be tilted to fit the positioning of your fingers. It comes with legs beneath it that can be opened to tilt the keyboard to a comfortable typing angle.
To allow freedom of movement, this keyboard has been built with a disruption-free 2.4GHz signal connection. This signal connection stays strong even when your keyboard is 10 meters away from whatever device it is connected to.
- 20% smaller – the K360 wireless keyboard is 20% smaller than a full-size keyboard but provides all the functionality of its larger counterpart. Automate...
- 3-Year battery life – work for longer with the k360’s extensive Battery life, which lets you work for up to 3 years on 2 AA batteries (included in the...
- Included precision mouse – Forget using your touchpad—the Mk360 comes with an included precision mouse
Do not be deceived by all the features designed in this keyboard, it is a mall and can be stored anywhere but of course with proper care. So if you are looking for a desktop keyboard-like laptop packaged with all the right features, you should give the Logitech combo a try.
- The Logitech wireless combo is so light that it weighs 1.98 pounds
- 20% smaller in size
- Comes with a battery that lasts up to 3 years
- Programmed to have 128-Bit AES encryption
- Uninterruptible connection of 2.4 GHz signal
- Bluetooth range of about 10 meters
- Comes with a precision mouse
2. WisFox Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard
New video on my channel!! Check it out if you are looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse!! #WisFoxKeyboard #WirelessKeyboard #UsbKeyboardandmousecombo #Tech #WisFox https://t.co/nRGXkyt0xB pic.twitter.com/AdfAOqSyNg
— SpecTechular Gadgets (@GadgetsSpec) January 16, 2021
With a signal connection of 2.4 GHz, the WisFox Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard allows you to stay connected from a range below or up to 33 meters. This although requires a functioning USB port to work. That aside, the connection stays strong and uninterruptable.
The WisFox Ultra-Slim Wireless Keyboard has to be one of the most professional-looking desktop keyboards like a laptop. It has a slim size but still has all the necessary keys like a small cup of ice cream packed with the right flavors. Its keys are placed with space enough to reduce the chances of having your fingers hit two keys at once by mistake. Comfortable, right?
To provide even more comfort, this keyboard employs an inclined design under it which provides the right tilt for a comfortable typing angle. It causes one end of the foot to be higher than the other where your wrist rests when typing. Like most of the other desktop keyboards like laptops, this unit has a signal connection of 2.4 GHz with a range of 33 feet.
- 【Reliable Connectivity】No wires clutter, no interference and pairing trouble. Upgraded 2.4GHz wireless tech delivers a stable and lag-free connection....
- 【Silent Responsive Keys】The responsive scissor keys are designed for comfortable and quiet typing, help reduce sticking and typos. Improved process...
- 【Smart Sleep Mode】After 15 minutes of inactivity, the wireless keyboard will go to sleep for saving power, help prolong the battery life. Powered by 2...
The only disturbing feature of this keyboard is the battery is not included. So, you need to buy your batteries. For power, this unit requires 2 AA batteries. Once powered, you can use the keyboard with any computer. It is compatible with desktops, laptops, MacOS, etc.
- The Wisfox wireless keyboard comes with a 1-year warranty
- weighs 1.39 pounds
- 2.4 GHz signal strength can work up to 33 feet (10 meters)
- Has 17 function hotkeys that are very accessible
- Compatible with various computers from desktops to laptops to MacOS, even Smart TVs and more.
- Three light indicators; caps lock, num lock, and power indicator.
3. Trueque K31G Wireless Keyboard for Laptop
- 【Plug & Play 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard】Really plug & play design wireless keyboard, no drivers need to be installed. Just need a USB receiver to connect...
- 【Full Size Wireless Keyboard 】Standard QWERTY layout computer portable Full-size keyboard includes fast-access hot keys, versatile function keys and...
- 【Silent & Ultra-Slim 】The wireless ergonomic keyboard provides you comfortable typing experience, slim design makes it easier to fit in a backpack or...
Although the Trueque K31G Wireless Keyboard for Laptop requires a USB combination for its wireless connection to work, the connection stays strong even from a range of 10 meters. Wondering where the USB port is? Just check the back of the keyboard. It also comes with a design under it that keeps it tilted to a comfortable typing angle.
- The Trueque K31G Wireless Keyboard weighs 1.53 pounds
- Designed to produce less noise
- Compatible with computers of various types
- Has a power-saving button
- Combination of 18 multimedia hotkeys
- 2.4 GHz signal connection
- USB port for wireless connection located at the back.
4. WisFox Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo
Do you know that with one Nano USB receiver, you can connect both the mouse and keyboard to just one USB receiver? Now, you know. But so far, this can happen with a few desktop-like keyboards. One of them is the WixFox Wireless Keyboard. Once connected, you are good to go.
Coupled with all the features expected of a desktop-like keyboard, one unique feature is its precision mouse. This mouse is shaped to fit into the hands of its user comfortably.
Customer service is one business approach that could make or mar a business. For Wisfox, that is not a problem. This is because they have one of the best customer services, ready to listen and help. So if you are like me that run from businesses with bad customer service, Wisfox is for you.
- The Wilcox Wireless Keyboard is backed up by a 12 monthly warranty
- Weighs 1.42 pounds
- Signal strength of 2.4 GHz and can stay connected from up to 10 meters
- Low battery indicator
- Designed with three sleep modes; deep, medium, and light sleep modes
5. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
- ♥STABLE CONNECTION: 2.4 GHz wireless provides a powerful, reliable connecton up to 10m without any delays. 2 in 1 Nano receiver unifies the keyboard and...
- ♥COMPACT AND SLIM: Ultra slim (5.5mm) keyboard looks more stylish and elegant. High-End Scissor Switch design provides a better tactile response and...
- ♥RECHARGEABLE AND AUTO SLEEP MODE: This keyboard and mouse combo can be easily charged with included charging cable. Built-in rechargeable battery...
Built with soft and whisper-quiet keys, you can work at night or early morning without the fear of disturbing your sleeping friend or partner. This laptop gaming keyboard is compatible with various computers.
- 13 multimedia hotkey combination
- 4 GHz wireless connection with 10m range
- Auto sleep feature
- Precision wireless mouse of 3 levels
- Liquid resistant feature
- The mouse uses 1 AA battery and the keyboard uses 2 AA batteries
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I use my laptop keyboard on my desktop?
This is quite simple. There are some remote applications on your desktop that you can use. Applications like mouse/keyboard without borders, Bluetooth (if the laptop keyboard allows Bluetooth connection). These applications allow you to connect your desktop to your laptop keyboard.
What type of keyboards are used in laptops and desktops?
The keyboard used for a laptop is called a QWERTY keyboard or a laptop keyboard. Most keyboards used in a desktop are mechanical. It is larger and makes more clanging noise. But with technological advancements, laptop keyboards can now be used with desktops.
What is the difference between a laptop keyboard and a desktop keyboard?
Desktop keyboards are larger than laptop keyboards. Because of the size of a desktop keyboard, it comes with all the keys, unlike laptop keyboards. One main difference between both keyboards is that a laptop keyboard comes with an inbuilt mouse, unlike a desktop which comes with an external mouse.
Now you know the best laptop keyboards that could also serve as desktop keyboards. With the features, pros, and cons of all the items talked about in this article, hopefully, your search for a laptop keyboard will be made easier. All of the laptop-styled keyboards mentioned above provide comfort to your fingers and are very easy to maintain. Did I mention durability? Yes, they are all made with quality products.
So be rest assured that whichever one of the keyboards mentioned above you decide to go for, you are still making the right choice. Just as long as the laptop style wireless keyboard fits your need.
1. BY Harris Andrea, Laptop Keyboard, December 4, 2021
2. BY Swati Tawde, Types of Computer Keyboard, February 4, 2022